BAD ART cards

Do you want to discuss Ederon art or design? Have any nice artwork you made that want to show? Feel free to do it here!

Moderator: The FireMonk

BAD ART cards

Postby Timmorn » Mon May 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello ederonians,

The goal is that all of you name some names of cards whose art is really BAD and should be changed according to you in order to create something like a guiding line both for who will hire the artists for the new cards (or for revising existing ones) both for the artists that will make the art, that's also the reason why you should also explain why the card's art is bad according to you.
I start, hoping i am followed by a lot of you.
bad art to me, not really clear but not bad idea
bad art cause it seems to represent some kind of action, maybe two people striking themselves at the same time, but not clear at all, quite confusing...
do i even need a reason?
TIMMORN - The "TOPIC KILLER"
Timmorn

Re: BAD ART cards

Postby SapphireGold » Mon May 05, 2014 7:51 pm

There are some bad looking cards but also it annoys me a little when the pic doesn't show what the cards effect is and my examples here will reflect this.

Sorry to say but my 3 year old could do better :)

I know this card is never used but still ew

This card has always annoyed me, what is it? whats being hindered? what IS IT?
SapphireGold

Postby chakram » Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Timmorn wrote:Hello ederonians,

The goal is that all of you name some names of cards whose art is really BAD and should be changed according to you in order to create something like a guiding line both for who will hire the artists for the new cards (or for revising existing ones) both for the artists that will make the art, that's also the reason why you should also explain why the card's art is bad according to you.
I start, hoping i am followed by a lot of you.
bad art to me, not really clear but not bad idea
bad art cause it seems to represent some kind of action, maybe two people striking themselves at the same time, but not clear at all, quite confusing...
do i even need a reason?

blurred exchange is an exchange that's blurred, how is that confusing?
chakram

Postby Timmorn » Thu May 22, 2014 11:31 am

chakram wrote:blurred exchange is an exchange that's blurred, how is that confusing?

LOL.
No, seriously
Timmorn

Postby andreluicci » Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Great post!
As soon as we start moving the game to new plataforms, I will replace a lot of unbearable artwork, and this post might help a lot!
Thanks and keep up
andreluicci
Site Admin

Postby Timmorn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:04 pm

TY andre, "Escape" card art has been changed and now it looks wonderful. Appealing.

More art maybe needing a rework
both poor in details......sorry but cards like these, there are many in the game, seems like drawn by a child
Not bad at all but this art should be worth more to a card named "wrath" or "anger" instead of Aggression. You got my point people?
Amnesia: are you kidding me? you meant FOG. Ain't it?
Really bad, in art and linking to card's name. Totally unappealing
Timmorn

Postby TuffHunter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 am

Looks like Escape got new art!

TuffHunter

Postby Calico » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

More art maybe needing a rework

Amnesia: are you kidding me? you meant FOG. Ain't it?

... Don't hate.

Also, when you have amnesia, your memory is foggy. So yes, you are right. Fog.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
--
Check out this fun game!
Rock, Paper, Scissors: The TCG
Calico

Postby Timmorn » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:53 am

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUU very very bad art, especially when considering how popular this card is.
And, more than this, a provocation:: why all (or most of them) of the weapons' & armors' art must be.....how original, nothing more than weapons and armors?
Wouldn't it give to the artists much more freedom to express their ability in order to make an appealing card art if they weren't forced to represent that but could be a little more free like in the 2 following cards

if you could see i mean at least the man wielding hat weapon or the weapon in a battle situation?

Indeed, bgnok's flail is considered a nice card art by everyone (makes its appearance in the topic twin to this of the good art cards) and spirith oath staff is good too imo: you also choose that art for an avatar!
Timmorn

Return to Art and Design