Extinction

Discuss general topics about Ederon Card Game here.

Moderator: The FireMonk

Extinction

Postby Tombstoner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:54 pm

The current effect is that opponent gets his hand removed, his items destroyed and his class returned to the dock in that order, then opponent does the same thing.
The card text isnt accurate in the order of the actions, which is a well known thing. So id like to know what is the developers position about this.
Tombstoner

Re: Extinction

Postby Cpt Otyugh » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 am

Personally, I feel it is fine as it is. If we think about how Wizard works, it's a mega direct damage trick, but it also doesn't deal its own damage, like Explosion. At that, I believe the issue is cards like Jack-O-Lantern dealing too much damage as a single card too quickly, and Redemption allowing significant damage over time, as well as more than doubling the normal potential of Explosion with use of S draw and cards like Wrath of Marcos.

Basically, I'm pointing the finger at cards that are more obviously broken in general use, before affirming that cards that have a more specified use are broken in that use. Changing these first could cause them to be underpowered when the card that is the actual problem is changed later.
Remember to aim high. But also remember, you must aim for the next step, or you will never reach the top where your ultimate goal awaits.
Cpt Otyugh

Postby chakram » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 pm

feels like it's 2010 again in this thread
chakram

Postby tquila » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:12 am

sup chak
Signature Decks:
Solo M / Solo P / WS Jack-O / GS Angry Sorcerer / PK Stop and go unreleased /
PWS Herecy / PWS Beacon Stall unreleased / KM Noble Sword of Honor /
PHS Forbidden Stall unreleased / SAW Darkspell Rodeo / HS Quick_Quig